Homeopathy Resource List
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine that uses natural substances to treat diseases. The fundamental principle of homeopathy is like cures like, or the law of similar. The law states that if large doses of a homeopathic substance in cause certain symptoms, small doses can cure the same symptoms.
- Questions and Answers about Homeopathy: A quick guide to understand homeopathy, history and use of homeopathy, fundamental concepts, training of homeopathy practitioners, and homeopathy medicines.
- Homeopathy and Science: Link to brief introduction on physics of homeopathy, review and meta-analysis of homeopathy, and safety and ethics of homeopathy.
- Homeopathy: Gives good information on homeopathy, how homeopathy works, what illness can be treated with homeopathy, how to find qualified practitioner, and guidelines and medical insurance on homeopathy.
- Homeopathy Simply Explained: This page provides simple and clear explanation on homeopathy, laws of similar, what to expect from a homeopath, treatments used, and duration of the homeopathy treatments and its result.
- What is Homeopathy: This site gives information on origin of homeopathy, uses, and comparison of naturopathy and homeopathy.
- Complimentary Medicine: A simple guide of complementary medicine that gives brief explanation on scope, uses, medical professional understanding, efficacy, ethical issues, proper approach for children, and physician’s professional obligations.
- What is CAM: Good and clear explanation on complementary and alternative medicine, integrative medicine, types of CAM , NCCAM’s role in CAM is given in an understandable way.
- Alternative and Complementary Medicine: Types of CAM such as naturopathy, ayurveda, acupuncture, aromatherapy, and western herbalism are clearly defined with their health benefits.
- Be an Informed Consumer: This page contains good information on CAM , selecting a CAM practitioner, CAM use and children, tips for talking with physicians, evaluating web-based health resources, and health fraud awareness.
- Alternative Medicine: This page is a great resource of information on alternative, innovative, unorthodox, unconventional, complementary, and integrative therapies.
- Aromatherapy: Simple guide to understand aromatherapy, beneficial effects, and findings in aromatherapy.
- Acupuncture: This page provides detailed explanation on acupuncture, principles, chronic pain, health benefits, and studies on acupuncture and chronic pain.
- Herbal Medicine: This site gives basic introduction to herbal medicine, health benefits, difference between allopathic and herbal medicine, and administration of herbs.
- Qi Gong: This site gives clear information on Qi Gong, steps to perform, and health effects of this therapy. Also, valuable other resources on Qi Gong are listed with good description.
- Massage: Good information on massage, health benefits and types is given in an understandable format.
Journals, Mailing Lists, and Newsletters