What's Your Scent? Matching Perfumes to Personality
Women wearing the right scent can command the attention of an entire room, without uttering a single word. That scent-her signature scent-is her secret weapon. Finding your signature scent is about more than finding a scent you like; it's about finding a scent that works with your personality. Your scent will speak volumes about you, so make sure it says the right thing!
If you consider yourself a hopeless romantic, you're likely drawn to sweet and/or floral fragrances that scream femininity. Try something like:
- Thierry Mugler's Angel: Notes of chocolate, vanilla, caramel, patchouli, and sandalwood to tantalize the nose.
- Ralph Lauren's Romance: Notes of fresh rose, violet, ginger, musk, marigold, and oak moss scream romance. Perfect for a sophisticated night out, or a causal night out with friends, this one is sure to turn heads.
- Victoria Secret's Amber Romance: A blend of: black cherry, vanilla, cr�me anglaise, and sandalwood. From the Garden Collection, this offers the sweet, floral combination you're drawn to.
The Sporty Gal
If you're always on the go playing sports and doing whatever you need to do to keep yourself in shape, you're likely drawn to fresh, subtle scents, that energize you. Try something like:
- Estee Lauder's Pure White Linen Light Breeze: With scents of bergamot, rose, honey, Darjeeling tea, and acacia, you'll smell the energy of summer throughout the year.
- Liz Claiborne's Curve: A subtle mixture of citrus, water lily and sandalwood, this is the perfect choice for someone who wants a scent people will notice, without overpowering them.
- Natural Vitality by Adidas: This combines scents of apple, violet, peach, musk, and sandalwood without smelling too much like a fruit pie. It's a light scented perfume perfect for any occasion or time of year.
If you're always wearing the latest designer fashions and keeping up with the trends, then you want something that lets everyone know you know your stuff. Though it may be tempting to change fragrances with the seasons, your signature scent should stay the same, because it goes with you! Try:
- J.Lo's Deseo: This fragrance combines freesia, bergamot, pink Geranium flower, jasmine, mimosa, and orange blossom. The complex scent is perfect for many occasions, yet isn't overbearing.
- Fantasy by Britney Spears: This combines white chocolate, kiwi, jasmine, orchid, and musk. Just a single spritz will leave a lasting impression when you walk into the room.
- Chanel's No. 5: Women cannot go wrong with this classic scent that first made its debut in 1921. It still turns heads with its flowery profile, even after all these years.
The Fun Gal
If you're always down to have fun, and you can have fun wherever you are, no matter what you're doing, you probably like?Try:
- Pink Sugar by Aquolina: This combines scents of cotton candy, licorice, raspberry, strawberry, orange, and bergamot with other subtle scents to create a versatile scent perfect for anytime wear.
- Victoria's Secret's Pink: This combines lily of the valley, mandarin, and freesia to provide a fun and flirty scent perfect for any time of day.
- Victoria's Secret's Very Sexy: This scent combines cactus flowers, clementine, vanilla orchid and blackberry. It's a powerful fragrance that will turn heads without being overbearing.
The Earthy Gal
If you consider yourself a ?hippy chick? then you're likely drawn to floral and/or woody scents, with a subtle hint of sweetness. Try something like:
- True Religion's Hippie Chic: This combines sweet, spicy, fruit, floral and woody notes, making it perfect for women who want a natural smelling scent. It's perfect for casual, everyday use, too.
- Davidoff's Cool Water for Women: With notes of citrus and pineapple, combined with woody hints and the subtle freshness of the ocean air, you can't go wrong.
- Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck: This fragrance is a combination of apple blossom, freesia, raspberry, vanilla, and honeysuckle. The fresh, natural scents in this perfume are perfect for any earthy gal.
Whatever your personality, you'll likely need to smell many different perfumes to find the one you're most drawn to. You'll know your signature scent when you smell it. Nothing else will speak to you the way it does!