7 Best Issey Miyake Perfumes for Women
“The best fragrance is the scent of water, the fragrance of dew and rain falling on plants.” – Issey Miyake
Japanese designer Issey Miyake was a pioneer in fashion and his perfumes popularized ozonic and aquatic fragrances world-wide. Today Issey Miyake has over hundred fragrances that range from dewy and watery to feminine, fruity and floral and are all composed by renowned French perfumers.
Here’s a some of the best Issey Miyake perfumes ever made:
L’Eau d’Issey was Issey Miyake’s debut fragrance, and remains one of the best selling perfumes on the market 30 years later. It smells clean and transparent, bringing to mind mountain streams, watery fruits and green shoots. Fresh and feminine, L’Eau d’Issey is an aquatic floral with hints of white lotus, delicate rose. Classic French citrus and melon offset the airy notes and the drydown is discreet with clean musk. The streamlined shape of the contemporary bottle is still, instantly recognizable and has won many design awards.
This fruity, sweet golden floral smells like a single drop of honeyed nectar dripping from a blooming flower. The pear and honey opening is balanced by a subtle twist of citrus. Rose and peony follow along with watery notes that add freshness to the sweetness. The honey coated mix settles at the base into a warm woody musk. Ultra-feminine and uplifting, Pure Nectar may just be your new signature scent. Excellent longevity and sillage.
Released in 2020, Shades of Kolam is an airy citrus floral that brightens your day with its energetic scent. Fresh freesia flowers and zesty grapefruit are sprinkled with cardamom spice.The floral heart of jasmine and rose is lightly powdered with Basmati rice adding a touch of the exotic to this cheerful summer scent.
In 2009, the second Issey Miyake pillar fragrance A Scent was introduced, inspired by the gardens and mountains that Issey Miyake remembered from his youth. Pure, fresh aromas of green leaves, lilies and flowers damp with dew bring to mind a garden after a thunderstorm. A shower of fresh flowers including jasmine and hyacinth rain over crystal moss, earthy notes and clean musk.
The newest Issey Miyake perfume is from 2021. Gentle, sweet and delicate, A Drop is a delicate rose floral sprinkled with almonds which runs throughout the entire fragrance from top to bottom notes. Lilac and solar notes radiate in the heart woven with a wreath of feminine orange blossom. Creamy woods and musky vanilla add depth and an air of feminine mystery.
This feminine, fresh, fruity rose perfume charms on first spritz. Juicy and fruity with raspberry and pear at the top enhanced by a pinch of pink pepper set off the blooming rose at the heart. Smooth clear woods, sweet amber and patchouli add contrast and depth.
Pleats Please released as the designer’s “ode to timeless, fluid fashion.” This textured fruity floral is joyful and effervescent and is composed with rare Nashi pear. Clean, fresh floral notes of peony, sweet pea are sweetened with vanilla, sprinkled with cinnamon and rest on a base of plush velvety musk. The crystal bottle with the pleated stopper is colorful and collectible. Pleats Please is a modern fruity floral that is perfect as an everyday fragrance and a real compliment getter.
Best of Issey Miyake
Issey Miyake fragrances are clean, fresh and airy and combine Japanese simplicity with French flair. They are perfect for everyday wear.
Interested in learning about other top perfume brands? Check out the other FragranceX perfume guides:
- 50 Best Perfumes of All Time
- Best American Perfume Brands of All Time (& Their Best Scents)
- Best Elizabeth Arden Perfumes of All Time
- Best YSL Perfumes of All Time
- Best Polo Colognes
- Best Salvador Dali Perfumes of All Time
- Best Calvin Klein Perfumes of All Time
- Best Davidoff Colognes of All Time
- Best Father’s Day Colognes of All Time
- Best Mont Blanc Fragrances of All Time
- Best Givenchy Perfumes of All Time
- Best French Perfume Brands of All Time (& Their Best Scents)
- The Best Perfumes for Teenage Girls Ever
- Best Fall Perfumes of All Time
- Best Ariana Grande Perfumes of All Time
- Best Amouage Perfumes of All Time
- Best Burberry Perfumes of All Time
- Best Aldehyde Perfumes of All Time
- Best Gucci Perfumes of All Time
- Best Juicy Couture Perfumes of All Time
- Best Victoria’s Secret Perfumes of All Time
- Best Perfumes Worn & Made By Celebrities
- Best Versace Perfumes of All Time
- Best Mancera Perfumes of All Time
- Best Montale Perfumes of All Time
- Best Aquatic Perfumes of All Time
- Best Tropical Fragrances of All Time
- Best Lemon Perfumes of All Time
- Best Honey Perfumes of All Time
- The History of Perfumes and Fragrances
- Men’s Colognes that Women Love
- Iconic Perfume Quotes Any Fragrance Lover Will Appreciate
- Does Perfume Expire?
Get the best of FragranceX delivered straight to your inbox
The Best Perfumes for When You’re Craving a Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Autumn is a magical time when the world transforms into a tapestry of golds, reds, and browns....
The Biggest Fashion Trends of Fall 2023 — and the Scents to Pair With Them
If you're anything like us, you're more than ready to swap summertime shorts and sundresses for cozy...
Maurice Roucel of Symrise and His Most Famous Perfumes
“A perfume needs a soul, the talent of a perfumer. Think of the Japanese art of origami, a...